General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

06 4runner SR5 won't turn over??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Exclamation 06 4runner SR5 won't turn over??

HI everyone,

my 06 SR5 would not turn over today it's probably 10 degrees out. All you could hear was the starter click. I hooked up my girls car to my battery and let it charge for awhile but no luck. The battery is charged and im not able to turn over just constant clicking.

I don't know if this means anything as well but, when i left the key in the on position and the radio was on I would turn on the headlights and the radio would power off.

I think the problem is the starter but im not positive.
If anybody could offer any help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again

Old 02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Default RE: 06 4runner SR5 won't turn over??

Did you try starting it with the battery still connected to the other car? If not, do that:

1) Connect the cables to both batteries. Make sure her car is started before attempting to start yours. Leave them connected up for a few mins, both vehicles running.

2) After 10 mins or so, leave your truck running and disconnect the cables from it. If it starts to die, i.e., lights dimming, radio going off, and engine stopping eventually, it's most likely your alternator. If things DON'T start turning off, it's most likely your battery.

3) Don't turn your car off and drive to wherever you buy car batteries immediately to get a new one (or take the other car).

Of course, if you've done all this, or if the engine still won't turn over using my methods, the only thing we've learned is I'm not very good at automotive diagnostics, which has been proven on several occasions previously.

I'm sorry if my post is irrelevant, but I really don't know if you've done these things already because your post was a bit vague.