4RF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with 4 Runner Forum? Ask... Have a suggestion to better 4RF? Tell us here.

Brake Light Comes On

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Default Brake Light Comes On

I just changed out all 4 rotors and pads. The left front caliper required replacement due to the original having a seized piston. After all parts were installed I bled the left front caliper to fill it. I then moved to the right rear, left rear, right front and back to the left front. I then repeated a bleed a second time around starting on the right rear, left rear, right front and finally left front.

After all was done I have plenty of brake pedal. Now the strange thing. If I pump the pedal about 6 consecutive times the brake light comes on. An annunciator sound is audible. A row of caution lights referring to the anti lock brakes, etc lights up. All this happens for about 5 seconds and then stops.

I took the vehicle for a test drive. It stops fine. The brakes appear to be working normally. At no point during any braking does any of this caution stuff appear. It only happens when I sit still and pump the brakes repeatedly 6 times.

Finally, I can not say of this scenario was present prior to the brake service. In other words, I never sat and pumped the brakes repeatedly before the brake service so is it possible this is something that is normal and I just did not see it?

Does anyone have a comment?