Tire balancing issues...please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Default Tire balancing issues...please help

Hello - I recently had a new set of high end bridgestone tires installed. I could not get the vibration out between speeds of 68-78. The tire dealer finally agreed to replace the tires with a new set. Still have the problem. Now being told by the tire dealer that 4runners require a special balancing process which can only be performed by the dealer. I am very skeptical - so I called my dealer which has done my service work on my last 6 toyotas and they had never heard of any special 4runner balancing process. I took the vehicle to a speciality tire place in my area who has a reputation for balancing wheels at high speed and on the vehicle. they told me I had a tire out of round. What are the chances of having the exact problem with two completly different set of tires? I seem to be in a black hole with this issue. Does anyone know of something on the vehicle other than a tire balancing issue that could be causing this vibration or has anyone heard of a this special process that only a toyota dealer can perfrom to balance 4runner wheels/tires. The vehicle has 122000 miles and am being told the shocks should be replaced about this milage. I don't disagree with that but do not know of a shock issue causing this kind of speed related vibration? The truck runs very smoth up to 65 mph.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Thumbs down Noobs Watch Out!

A week ago I posted the following in the news section hoping a moderator would pick up on it. Unfortunately it appears that the moderators for this board are about as active as the board is on whole, which is very much not.

""This morning I got an alert about a PM sent to me on ths forum. In the past I have not received alerts to these messages. When I checked, I had 15 other similar messages stacked in my in box. All of them claimed that my computer "had been detected in SPAM and may be part ofa botnet." Suspiciously all the e-mails were from several members, but used strikingly similar verbage, and all referenced a link to a site that i believe comes out of India. It's probably worth checking out. I did not go to the site. For the safety of those on the forum and the site it self, someone on the moderator side should prob check into fixng this.
Just a concerned lurker rying to keep anyone from getting burnned. I can onlyimagine what happens to your machine if you click the link.""

I have continued to receive the bogus emails from the site. If you are just lurking and haven't registered yet, I suggest that you find a different community. Sadly, the only solution to this irritation, because the moderators can't seem to fix it, is to cancel my profile. No big loss. I recommend saving your self the trouble and not registering here. Just sayin'.