General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rebuilt Engine

Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Thumbs down Rebuilt Engine

I have a 1996 4runner that the head blew on it so I rebuilt it myself. I've this before so it isn't that bad. It is a 4 cylinder engine. I figured that since I was in it to the head I minus well go ahead and rebuild the whole engine. I pulled the engine out and started rebuilding. I made sure that all torques specs were right and that it was at top dead center. When I put the engine back in, I put the torque converter on the automatic transmission and lined the engine up. I bolted the engine to the transmission and remembered that I hadn't bolted the flywheel to the torque converter so I had to loosen the engine back up and bolt the flywheel and torque converter together. To get to all the bolts I had to turn the crank with a wrench. Once everything was together, I tried to start the engine and it just clicks. I have lights and everything. I did try to put the transmission in neutral and it will not roll. Did I mess something up here?
Thanks, any help will be appreciated.