Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need Help on price and adv.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Default Need Help on price and adv.

I don't know any thing about exhaust. If any one knows about how much I might have to spend. I need to know this for the State insp. also. I have a 1989 4Runner and when I bought it the cat. converter had a rust hole in it. When I drove the vehicle home the cat. converter fell off. The muffer is still on but may fall too. It is very loud going down the road. What other kinds of performance exhaust would be good for my 4Runner later down the road when I have the money. This is just a project SUV for now.
Thanks,
MG

Old 03-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Need Help on price and adv.

I suggest Tuffy exhaust repair. They do fairly affordable repair and customization on exhausts. If it is just a cat, they will tell you. If it is the entire exhaust, they will tell you too. Just because they inspect it doesn't mean you have to let them change it, but at least you will know.
If you need to replace the system from the cat, back to the tip, many after market companies have the parts and it becomes a price/performance issue for you(plus if you will do the work or have it done).
If it is a total exhaust replacement issue, manifold to tip change, you are better just getting a header system that includes hardware all the way to the tip...cat, pipes, muffler, tip, clamps, etc...
You will certainly get performance and longevity then.