Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about

Funny little cargo mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Default Funny little cargo mirrors

I have a dumb question...well maybe not so dumb but the salesperson coudln't answer it. Iam picking up a 2007 SR5 today and in the cargo area near the rear lift gate the are these two little interior mirrors. I have no clue what purpose they serve...they appear to point out the rear window of the car, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know what these mirrors are for??

Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Funny little cargo mirrors

It's to help with your blind spots. You have to look at the opposite mirror for the blind side you are checking. I.E., to check the blind side on the passenger side, look at the mirror on the driver's side.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:31 PM

Yep.... Poor folk's version of a back-up camera.

Really handy for when backing out of a parking space to check for cars coming without having to crank your neck over your shoulders. Using the rearview mirror, check each for the opposite direction.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:30 PM

When you get it, go sit in your driveway and look at your inside mirror. You should be able to get a clear view down the sidewalk on either side of your drive.

Or concoct similar situation. I just got mine yesterday - we live near a school, we have another car that blocks view in driveway, I can see clear down the block on the sidewalk, in either direction - and right behind the car, too, where the little ones might be hiding.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

I quite regularly drive my 2 labradors around so my mirrors are covered in drool and therefore useless. LOL

Old 03-18-2008, 07:23 AM

I was hoping they would be helpful in hooking up my trailer, but they dont seem to show down that low right behind the truck....

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

They are definitely better for looking side to side. However, I did find them helpful for getting the middle of the truck lined up with the tongue on the trailier.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

They sell a small camera and screen for backing up to your trailer, the camera is put above the ball in the bumper, Honda truck has the same system. They work great, you'll have fun!!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:41 AM

If you get the sport audio system they remove the small aft mounted mirrors and replace them with small tweeter speakers. Mine came with the audio package, and I know of the mirrors you speak of. My buddy was jealous, his 08 4runner had the mirrors and he saw my speakers. But yeah, reverse blind spots or wired speakers.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:19 PM

I don't trust those mirrors. I was hoping they'd aid in backing up to a trailer as well but they don't seem to aim that low.

In reference to the camera stuff, I was thinking about getting that trailer hitch camera but I also wanted to note that you can put a camera on the back of your actual trailer (in my case a boat trailer) and when you plug up your trailer, your screen changes to the visual of whats behind your trailer when your in reverse (or whenever you would like).

My runner didn't come with the audio package. So does that mean that I can't really change those mirrors to tweeters without a lot of trouble?