New Member Area Are you new to 4 Runner Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

questions about the 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Default questions about the 4runner

I am interested in purchasing a 4Runner, I have always loved them and now that it's come time to replace my car I want one. But here are my questions. I haven't really heard much about them. I need something that can go for a while and take a pretty high mileage. I'm looking at the late 90's models and they come with some mileage already and i'll be traveling quite a bit so it'll get a lot higher...can they take it without any MAJOR problems? I mean I realize every vehicle is different and problems occur but in general. Also, are they prone to have problems? I know some vehicles are plagued with issues, I've had a friend go through many explorers with problems, etc. I just want a good reliable car that'll last a while and can take some heavy mileage without dropping an engine or something. Thanks so much!!

Old 02-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Default RE: questions about the 4runner

I am in the same boat and i am looking a the runner because they DO go the extra miles. Some have close to 300k and are still going. Good luck!

Old 04-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Default RE: questions about the 4runner

Hey Lisa, Buying a toyota 4runner is the best thing. They are fun trucks not realy a suv type if you know what I mean, not every suv is able to go off/road right off the block w/o doing some mod's on it first, but besides that I would look for at least 96 and up because they have more power. Make sure all the dealer recalls are done and if some the maintances are done like timing belt and such. If the truck does't look good to you then keep looking there lots of them for sale because people done want to pay the high gas prices anymore, and also becareful there are lots of flooded cars out from Katrina so look out.
So think before buying that you will also have to pay more because they realy suck on mpg. Remember that Toyota trucks don't lose thier value so paying for it at book value is normal no matter what yr it is. Just take good care of it and you will always be happy that you can on a drop of a hat drive over anything like angry people on the road....Make sure to get a V6 4x4 at least the SR5 package it will be worth more money if you decide to sell it............peace............