PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Default ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock

2000 Toyota 4Runner Highlander Sport Edition 3.4 liter V6, automatic, factory E-Locker with 159,998 miles for parts or repair. Clean title in hand, Fully loaded, Black exterior, Moon Mist interior. Everything work 100% as it should with the exception of the power antenna. Factory cargo cover also included, but not pictured.

I was involved in a single vehicle low speed accident due to black ice. I only had basic insurance coverage and had to begin repairing the 4Runner out of pocket. The vehicle sustained only cosmetic and no frame damage. New fender, hood, Energy Suspension Polyurethane steering rack bushings, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines all around, OEM Toyota lower control arm. Prior to the accident, I replaced the brake pads, tires (Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/75R16), installed a Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, serpentine belts, timing belt, water pump, starter and spark plugs.

I also had the factory equipped E-Locked rear end “bulletproofed” by “Zuk” at Toyota Gear Install Harrop. That involved a Cryo treatment, relashing the gears and solid spacers instead of the weak crush sleeves.

Due to losing my storage space and having too many projects, I now must sell. I may consider parting it out if the parts demand is high enough. I really don’t want to sit on the vehicle too long or have a half parted out vehicle in my possession… and I could certainly use the space in the driveway.

I’ve never had a single issue with the 4Runner and it has been one of the best vehicles that I have ever owned.
Since losing my indoor storage, the 4Runner has been sitting in my driveway and I resently noticed some frame rust only on the passenger side and the rear differential developed a small pinhole leak. Both issues are relatively common for 4Runners in the New England region. For the frame repair, I spoke to the owner (Jerry) at Auto Rust Technicians http://www.autorust.com and his company has already been reverse engineering replacement frame rail repair kits. As for the rear differential leak, replacement covers are readily available online and I was going to obtain a replacement cover from Barnes4WD Toyota Pick Up Heavy Duty Differential Cover

This 4Runner would great for someone with some skills who could fix it up and get it back on the road again or it could be a great starting platform for a 4X4 off-road build. All the parts to complete the repairs are included in the sale. Due to rear differential leak, the 4Runner will more than likely need to be towed.

Runs great and can yard drive for testing.

Video of the 4Runner Startup can be found below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/siekr9389k...artup.mp4?dl=0

Complete Folder with over 47 images can be found below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8j9xaati...Odyzjc8Da?dl=0

I am asking $2400 OBO

Attached Thumbnails ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a1.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a2.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a3.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a4.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a5.jpg  

***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a6.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a18.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a21.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a23.jpg   ***FOR SALE*** 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD Diff Lock-a25.jpg  

Last edited by foggysps; 02-25-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Attached Images, Video Link and add more details