Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

JBL Stereo - XM

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Default JBL Stereo - XM

Hello,

My 2006 4Runner LE with JBL in-dash 6 disc steroe is great, but I'd like to add XM radio. Is there a compatible aftermarket XM tuner? Or can a Toyota dealer help me? I dont want to use a portable tuner - toom many wires, etc.

Thanks.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Default RE: JBL Stereo - XM

are you looking for an in dash unit or mobile? If you already have XM then that's one thing but to be honest I think Sirius is a better product and has better programming. I would also recommend getting their latest mobile unit that you can switch from vehicle to vehicle or home and it's also self contained where you can use it to work out like you would with an ipod. As for mounting or hardwiring them into the vehicle it isn't that hard to do. Hope this helps.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Default RE: JBL Stereo - XM

We already have a Delphi Roady XT XM radio that we use in our other car and at home. It's quite simple to unplug the radio itself and move it from the home port to the vehicle port and vice-versa. We like XM on trips, as it has aMUCH better variety than CDs.

Even though the car adapters are universal, I was unable to find an adapter for our 4Runner locally or even on eBay. I had to buy an entire new radio on eBay (for $29) just to get the secondadapter. I won't even use this second radio, and actually, $29 isn't a bad price for a car adapter. The seller even offered free shipping. I won't attempt the installation myself, prefering to let the guys at Circuit City do it. It cost about $75 to have them install the adapter in our Honda Odyssey.

I'm not stuck on XM, but a year ago, XM had some really great subscription deals. Now that XM and Sirius have merged and are no longer in competition, my advice is to just go with whoever offers you the best deal.