HELP EXTAR PARTS INSIDE THE ENGINE!! has anyone rebuilt a 3VZE?? - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Toyota 4Runner Enthusiasts Forum

Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:25 PM

Default HELP EXTAR PARTS INSIDE THE ENGINE!! has anyone rebuilt a 3VZE??

WOW, Here we go again with a weird one. We got the motor pulled out (the kids thought that was really fun!), and when I pulled the oil pan, then the windage tray, look what I found!! The picture of the 3 mysterious parts has me puzzled, because as I read Mitchells, it only mentions a thrust bearing on #2 rod (which is the other picture, and it was in place) The ones that are grouped in 3 were in the bottom and beat to you know what! PLEASE HELP ME HERE. I am thinking someone left the old thrust bearing in the engine??? or am I just missing something here. The rest looks great (only has 15K documented on the rebuild, so it should look OK!) Please help me/us on this one. If ANYONE has had one of these apart you will know what it is. P.S. 3VZE motor out of a 92 4R. Thanks again. Brad IN CASE THE PICTURE DO NOT POST.....They are exactly like the thrust bearing half moon piece on # 2 main bearing! (ONLY REALLY TORN UP, LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN BOUNCING AROUND...The one solo is what was on bearing #2.......PLEASE HELP Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
HELP EXTAR PARTS INSIDE THE ENGINE!! has anyone rebuilt a 3VZE??-100_0522.jpg   HELP EXTAR PARTS INSIDE THE ENGINE!! has anyone rebuilt a 3VZE??-100_0523.jpg  

Last edited by chevtruknut; 04-13-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling