Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Looking for Steps/Nerf Bars

Old 12-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Default Looking for Steps/Nerf Bars

Does anyone have any recomendations on step bars for a 2004 4Runner? I'm looking, really looking for stainless but will consider chrome or black. (Really want stainless so they don't rust...) I did find some on eBay, but don't know if I want to trust them or not. They don't even say what brand they are.

Anyone buy any (eBay or not) and like/dislike them? How hard were they to install? How much are they about?

Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Default RE: Looking for Steps/Nerf Bars

Actually I just bought some from the auction I found on ebay if anyone is wondering. They came yesterday and they are awsome! They were $150 + $30 for shipping and bolted on in a little less than an hour. They look really good, I don't know why the guy dosen't mention it in the auction but they are Back Country brand which retails for like $380. They are 304 stainless (I've been doing alot of research on this lately...) which is better than these imported brands. Some people on other boards say the cheaper stainless steel "yellows" over time. If anyone else is looking for the same I got them from here

I don't know where these ebay people get this stuff so cheap to resell. I'd like to know because I'm also looking for a Grill Guard, does any one know where to get one? I emailed that guy because he sells grill guards also but he does not have any for any Toyota's he told me. I did find some grill guards on eBay but they cost more than I can buy them in some real online stores anyways.