Replacing the front shocks and struts on an '09 4Runner...at a discount

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Default Replacing the front shocks and struts on an '09 4Runner...at a discount

Hey everyone, it's Trevor. Here's something interesting...over the Thanksgiving holiday I found myself online, searching for auto parts. Specifically, a set of front shocks and struts for my '09 4Runner. To my surprise, I stumbled upon some struts on APX Auto Parts' website. Here's the url: 100320-FS-SS - SENSEN Speedy Strut Complete Strut Assembly Front Set, Warranty at APX Auto Parts! Buy auto parts online.

Here's the interesting part, though...a 5% discount (code: toys5) was also being offered, on top of the warranty ! Plus free shipping.

Anyways, I hope this has been of some help...Particularly to those who may be looking to replace the shocks and struts on their 4th gen 4Runner. I welcome the feedback. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:24 PM

I'm on the lookout for a pair of struts for a 2005 4runner. Because it's over 10 yrs I would prefer not to spend a huge amount of money in parts. Just out of curiosity do you know if the above discount is still valid tre1? Are you satisfied with the quality of your parts not just the price?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:45 AM

I definitely understand where you're coming from bradyroker. My 4Runner's an '09 which means 4 years of less wear and tear essentially. You're absolutely right though...parts for marginally older vehicles could be more affordable.

I don't really have any complaints. After all, it's only been about 4 months since my struts were installed. Thanks for asking though. I wasn't entirely familiar with the Sensen brand, but I like them thus far. Here's Sensen's website SENSEN Shock Absorbers and Struts |SENSEN North America, if you're interested.

Honestly, I don't know whether the discount is still valid or not. Let me look into it, and I'll get back to you. Are you looking for a set of front struts? Or rear shocks?

Old 04-28-2016, 12:16 PM

Front struts.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 PM

Ok. I'll get back to you bradyroker.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:02 PM

On second thought a friend of mine suggested I should think about buying a pair of rear shocks too. He said something about it's not such a good idea to have two different pairs on my 4runner. If the front two need to be replaced its only a matter of time before you're replacing the rear two. Makes sense.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:59 AM

The discount is still valid! I used the shopping cart to verify this. Most people probably don't have a clue it still works.

I agree with your friend bradyroker. You should probably replace the struts on the front and the shocks on the rear. But a word of caution, I doubt you'll want the same set for your 4Runner that I had installed on mine Buy Sensen Front Pair Speedy Struts for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma, Lifetime Warranty | 9214-0107,9214-0108,None, 171371R, 171371L. And this could probably effect your chances of receiving a discount.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:28 PM

How so? Please elaborate. Is there something I need to know about the parts or the discount?

Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 AM

To put your mind at ease, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the struts or shocks. That's not exactly what I was referring to, although I wasn't being very clear.

You said earlier you'd prefer not to spend more than you have to. It seems to me that if you're interested in acquiring a set of struts like the ones I had installed on my '09, which were the complete strut assemblies/suspension assemblies, then be prepared to pay a lot more. But they're also easier to install. That said, a set of bare struts can easily do the same job, and are relatively inexpensive Buy Sensen Front Pair Shocks & Struts for 03-09 Toyota 4Runner, Lifetime Warranty | 3214-0092, 3214-0092,341340, 71371.

Now I don't think the discount can be applied to the bare struts or shocks. However, you are welcome to try if you like. See what happens.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:06 PM

So what you're basically telling me is if I opt for the bare struts which are less expensive I may not receive the discount. Whereas if I were to get the strut assemblies I could apply the discount but it'll come at a cost. Sound right?

Quick Reply: Replacing the front shocks and struts on an '09 4Runner...at a discount