General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I need an advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Default I need an advice

Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like www.4runnerforum.com is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "General Tech Help" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 AM

Invent a portfolio showing your work and market yourself with a few hundred resumes. Right now, that profession is saturated so one must have a niche that separates your unique skills from others.