General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with Toyota corporate

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Default Please help with Toyota corporate

My first post, sorry if it is in the wrong place. Have been looking at this forum since I got my 02 4Runner Limited with 19000 miles back in June of 05, hopefully someone here may have an idea for me or a similar experience.
Bought this 4Runner barely used from Ford dealership, still under factory warranty & have had no problems except the power antenna & a BLOWN ENGINE at 60800 miles! Normal driving conditions, actually on my birthday, on the interstate with my wife, in FL, clear day, everything normal - loud "clunking" noise, check engine & oil lights on at the same time, engine almost stopped turning over, like a rough idle & I somehow managed to slam it into nuetral & coast over to the shoulder.
Towed back to my house (I am a fanatic about service & have always kept my trucks & equipment over & above what is required) so I could start figuring out what to do. The block actually had a hole low on the passenger side where a rod was thrown through the casing. My local Toyota dealership would not even talk to me over the phone about it & bent over backwards to not help me, even wanted to charge me to tow it the 4.5 miles in. I have always used an independent service shop who I know & trust so it wound up there.
$6000 later I have a Jasper remanufactured engine with a 3 year, 100K mile warranty (better than Toyota). Corporate in CA will not do anything because I do not have an extended warranty & I was 800 miles over their 60000 mile powertrain warranty - seriously?!?!
I have a ticket in with them but I am not expecting anything from them. I have done as much research as I can on the internet but I am hoping that someone out there may have some ideas, I just want some help from Toyota with the $6000. I am a construction project manager & I know that anything we build we stand behind 100%, I guess I just want Toyota to do more than say sorry........
Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Default RE: Please help with Toyota corporate

I am not to familiar with your situation but i have a friend who owned a toyota a few years ago, and with really low miles too. He said that for some reason his motor got torn up an blew. So he had it replaced and it happened again. Apparently they came to the conclusion that his tcase was tearing it up and they never found a way to solve the problem. Keep a close eye on your new motor hopefully you dont have the same problem. I know this isn't much help but its a start right.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Default RE: Please help with Toyota corporate

Sucks man, but dont see much to say really. Sometimes you get a bad dealer. What you do is get the ********* name, dont explain your situation about why you call and also contact the BBB and that person will be looking for a job and you wont have to talk to them next time you pop in HEHEHE. Yeah I know its messed up and dealers deal with all the CONS, but hey thats the job SUCK IT UP. They dont mess with me hehe