Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about

Seat rail extensions (?) for leg room???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Default Seat rail extensions (?) for leg room???

I'm new here, but not to 4Runners. I'm currently on my third ('05), but now my husband drives my second ('98). My first ('94) probably would have still been around had I not moved to Denver and found I probably needed a secondary tranny cooler for the driving I was doing. But anyway, this is irrelevant - I just love 4Runners!

Anyway, the point of my post: the front passenger leg room in our '05 is significantly less than that in the '98. As a result, my husband prefers for cross-country trips that we take the '98. I don't mind this, I still love that car, but honestly the change in the ride with the 4th generation is huge and makes it a lot more conducive to 24 hours of straight highway driving.

I'm wondering if there's such a thing as extention rails for the passenger seat to offer more leg room? I googled it and couldn't seem to find anything. I'm guessing that from a safety perspective, this doesn't fly as the airbags/belts, etc were designed with the stock seat travel in mind. But, I thought I'd come to the experts and see if any of you had come across something like this?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated!!!
Allie