New Member Area Are you new to 4 Runner Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Here To The Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default New Here To The Forum

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. This is my first Toyota. I've had my 1988 SR54 Runner since August 2007. I was surprised to see 223,xxx miles on the odometer. It came with a 3.0L V6 and auto tranny, elec. door locks, windows, mirrorsand antenna ( although someone broke it off ), tilt steering wheel, A/C that still works, rear defogger, rear heater in the center console, no radio, and the vaunted removable top.
This Toyota has been used. For what, I do not know. It has been dented, bumped and had "stuff" spilled inside of it. The rear cargo area has a horrible piece of carpet that's been stiffened with something that dried long ago. The bumpers were missing pieces ( corners ) and dented pretty good, hence some of the work I've done to it. The paint is somewhat bad, but that is to be expected out west where the sun is relentless and damages and fades anything you put on a car or truck.
I have done some work to this 4 Runner. I have replaced the rear leaf springs because they sagged something fierce. Bought new rear shocks also. I have recently installed a Marlin Crawler rear bumper. I put bigger tires and rims on my Toyota in an effort to make it more off road capable.
Besides the usual tune up, oil changes, air cleaner, topping off the fluids stuff, I have very little into this Toyota besides what I wanted to change.
The future of my lil 88 is uncertain. I know I will drive it till it pukes up green stuff, then replace the motor and drive it some more. It's fun to go offroad and many companies make parts for these older Toyotas. Paint is in this lil88's future.

Wish me luck and glad to be a part of this forum,
Phil_D1954

Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Default RE: New Here To The Forum

Welcome.. I am also new to the forum as of today.. any pics? sounds like we have about the same truck, check out mine under "new from Iowa" in this section. lets have some fun here.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Default RE: New Here To The Forum

Welcome to the forum!