New Member Area Are you new to 4 Runner Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member: Exterior, Suspension, + Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Default New Member: Exterior, Suspension, + Exhaust

Hey guys, I just joined the forum. I basically signed up to get more feedback that is tuned to my 4Runner rather than general car advice. Hopefully it's alright that I post some questions I immediately have regarding my ride. 1993 Toyota 4runner 3.0L V6.

This is my baby:
Name:  IMG_0047.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  224.2 KB

It had an owner before my dad bought it, but I've come to really love this truck.

Some things you'll immediately notice:
-I replaced the front corner and signal lights with clear lenses as opposed to the original amber-colored ones. I feel like it looks a lot cleaner. They're also way more functional as the light bulbs definitely needed replacing.

Some things you won't notice:
-I replaced the rear shocks recently with the same shocks that came with the truck, only brand new.
-I also replaced the steering stops on the front wheels. I hated that grinding noise I'd always hear whenever I'd turn the steering wheel to full lock.

What I'd like feedback on:

Name:  IMG_0042.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  159.7 KB

These are what all the wiper blades on my truck look like. I'm a really picky guy in terms of the exterior appearance. I want my baby lookin' good basically. If it was just the chipping paint that was a problem, I would just paint over them, but it's not the only problem.

The windshield wiper blades seem to make this squeaking noise everytime they reach the end of their radius. It's annoying and I have a gut feeling that it's damaging my windshield, even if only slightly. Also, my back wiper has the problem of not going back into it's "holder" once it's done wiping.
Feedback on the wipers appreciated.

Name:  IMG_0041.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  127.1 KB

If there's any good way to remove the rest of this already chipping away toyota decal that would be helpful. It just makes it look bad if it's not all there.

Name:  IMG_0044.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  151.3 KB

The same as the decal goes for this sticker, I forget what it was originally. But anyways, I'd like to remove it without damaging the windshield.

Name:  IMG_0043.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  123.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  148.1 KB

The paint around my mirrors seems to be deteriorating. If you guys have any solutions I'm all ears for restoring the paint color to it's original color. I thought about just taking a brush and paint and doing it myself, but I want the paint to last and look good too.

Name:  IMG_0046.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  138.1 KB

The exhaust pipe is basically gone, which from what I've read, could actually affect power output in some cases. Otherwise, it just looks bad and sticks out like a sore thumb so I'm going to replace it with a new exhaust pipe and muffler most likely. Any feedback on good brands/models would be appreciated.

Changes planned this week:
-I'm planning to replace the front shocks (since I've done the back already) and replace the rear coil springs and front torsion bars. I want the car to ride much smoother than it does now. Right now, it feels like a damn earthquake everytime I hit a bump in the road. A big downside for me and my passengers. So any feedback there would be appreciated. I'm planning the factory springs and shocks unless you guys advise otherwise.
-I'm also in the process of buying a black version of the blue stripe that's currently on my truck, so that should be coming in sometime soon once it's printed.

I know this is a lot to take in, but I appreciate any that respond to any or all parts of this post.

If you guys have any recommendations for mods you think I might enjoy, I'm all ears!

Thanks so much everyone and I hope to get to know all of you better!

Last edited by KnightFiyah; 07-21-2012 at 08:10 PM.