Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

random question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Default random question

How many people joined the forum with a problem on their 4Runner?

I didn't join because of a problem but I do have a major one : blown engine lol thats what I get for racing. In defense I did beat the Chevy I was racing but it blew my cam apart.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Default RE: random question

What? There's other reasons for joining a forum? Well, whaddaya know. Good thing I joined.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Katsu

How many people joined the forum with a problem on their 4Runner?

I didn't join because of a problem but I do have a major one : blown engine lol thats what I get for racing. In defense I did beat the Chevy I was racing but it blew my cam apart.
what kind of racing were you doing?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Canyon

If you don't know its like a road race but from one place to another and in a canyon. It usually goes from the top to bottom but also bottom to the top of a hill, cliff, steep incline, ect. The place I was racing at there were a lot of corners and sharp curves but at the end of the race there is a drop off that is straight, really steep and it is loooong. The way I had my suspension set up I could take the curves faster than a lot of cars but with an engine that has 200k + on it i couldn't handle the drop. Half way down it started to click really loud and before I could put it in neutral the cam blew apart, the head gasket blew, and the head warped up off the block.

I know this is stupid but it is fun and I'm going to do it.

I almost have enough money for the new engine. When I get it I'm going to lower my 4Runner past stock and possibly throw on a turbo.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Katsu

When I get it I'm going to lower my 4Runner past stock and possibly throw on a turbo.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo ooooooooo.....................

Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 PM

Its not as bad as you think. I know nobody lowers their 4Runner or races them on the road but thats why I want to. I've seen a few pics of them lowered and it looks like crap because the body is so narrow and tall. I'm good at fiberglass and body work so when I get it lowered I'm going to try a widebody conversion...the first one of its kind. As I do things to it I'll post pics. I know I will miss the off road part of it so I think I'm going to buy my friend's and raise that one taller than my current one. Its a crazy idea but worth a try

Old 03-10-2007, 10:10 PM

Sounds great, give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 AM

Pics are required if you do this!

Old 03-21-2007, 05:33 PM

Hey guys. Just joined up yesterday. I have a 96 sr5 4x2. I myself have been kicking around the idea of dropping it ever so slightly, mainly for the improved handling. I've seen very few that looked good this way, but when done right, it's pretty sweet. Since it is a two-wheel drive I wouldn't feel like too much of a traitor. Plus since I just ordered some aluminum 22's for it, I'm sure the 4x community will disown me anyway.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: DJCAMEL1

I just ordered some aluminum 22's for it, I'm sure the 4x community will disown me anyway.
Welcome! If you don't take your truck offroad then who cares what others think. It'll besomething different than the norm which in my book is just fine. What kind of wheels and tires you going with?

Quick Reply: random question