Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Default Wtf?

Has anyone else received a private message from RazzorMann claming that their computer is spreading viruses on this site? I haven't been here since last July, and never on this computer. This sounds very suspicious.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:41 PM

yes and another random new user, wtf indeed.
I just read my email and it was sent via 4R forum.
just make sure you don't click on it, could be a trojan horse.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM

I also rcvd these PMs, do NOT click on that link.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 AM

yea, and i'm about to change my settings to not have this board email me notifications any more, i just got a third one of these emails.

*edit*
so there's an option to disable PMs completely. so i did that for now.

Last edited by darkmatter; 02-11-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:49 PM

same here, four in the past three days. Three different user names.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Same here. A new notification everyday. I don't even visit this forum. I hang out at T4R.org and YotaTech. Guess I'm just gonna have to spam this.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:05 AM

I've had the same email sent to me 3 times about a virus as well. Even after scanning my computer a number of times and finding NO viruses I decided to backdate windows anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by shawnstcyr
Has anyone else received a private message from RazzorMann claming that their computer is spreading viruses on this site? I haven't been here since last July, and never on this computer. This sounds very suspicious.
Yeah, one every day since I stopped lurking. Not just this forum either. Different sender each time. Some very nice and polite, some crude poorly spelled.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:31 PM

I think the senders needs to check their computer... not the ones who are getting the notifications... I am one of the bunch as well getting the notifications. My computer has been offline for a week, and i got 4 notifications. Someone has something...

Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM

These spammers CAN"T possibly know whether we have virus on our computer. I get them and did put them on the "ignore " list. But they will probably just change names. I hope they are not MALWARE, that was a big virus that I got when the "security tool" virus got me. It is insidious. Good news though, IF you get malware and use Microsoft, they will help you remove it for free. It's very hard to get rid of and even techies find it hard. Wouldn't this site be obligated to help with the security or spam? Not sure How, but they should, if possible. I'm afraid to go to the site via a search engine, might be mallware. IF it were a legitimate (and I use that loosely) co that sells virus protection, I'd report them, but it's probably mallware that you pay for and never get anything to help. Best to all, deb

Quick Reply: Wtf?