PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

90 4Runner SR5 4x4 for sale - $3000 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Default 90 4Runner SR5 4x4 for sale - $3000 OBO

Well I hate to do it, but I do not have the time or money to keep a second vehicle around that I rarely drive. I am the second owner of this 1990 4Runner with about 156,xxx miles on the original 3.sl0w V6 engine with automatic transmission. I have never had any problems with it. I have recently replaced the radiator and retrofitted the A/C for the new chemicals. There are no leaks and the A/C runs very cold. The previous owner never recharged the A/C and I have no idea how many years it went without before I had it retrofitted, but my mechanic said it is in perfect condition.

It has power everything and everything works fine as far as I can tell. It has a low-end JVC CD deck and some low-end Alpine speakers up front. The rear speakers are stock and I think have built-in subs or amps or whatever. They sound great, which is something I will miss. The interior is blue with cloth seats. All of the floor mats are still there. 4x4 works perfectly. I recently had the steering parts recall work done so there are new parts in there. It has a working moon roof, though it has cracks it does not leak.

As far as I know it has never been wrecked or rolled.

These are the problems it has:
-Tailgate does not open - previous owner was rear ended and it crushed inward enough to block the window
-Alignment is way off - I just never got around to fixing it
-Tires need to be replaced - one is completely destroyed after an offroad adventure I had recently, though the spare appears to have never been used until now (wheels are all fine)
-Brakes need to be replaced soon - the front are probably still good, but the rear are about done I think
-Antenna broke off - it was bent for a long time but my last outing was filled with long skinny tree branches

I am located in San Antonio, TX. Vehicle transport is buyer's responsibility. I have California registration good until April or May 2008 and a California title. I recently moved to Texas and haven't driven it much since I got another car. VIN: JT3VN39W0L0040815. Call Gavin at (210) 383-2207 or send me a PM/reply/e-mail. I'm asking $3000 or best offer.

It's kind of dirty since I only hosed it off after letting mud cake on for a day or two, but here are the pics. The interior is pretty clean aside from some dried mud leftover that I can sweep out.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Default RE: 90 4Runner SR5 4x4 for sale - $3000 OBO

Good luck... [8D]

When and if you decide to part it, shoot me a PM I want the tail gate spare tire set-up..

Thanx
J

Old 06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gavin SVT
It has power everything and everything works fine as far as I can tell. It has a low-end JVC CD deck and some low-end Alpine speakers up front. The rear speakers are stock and I think have built-in subs or amps or whatever. They sound great, which is something I will miss. The interior is blue with cloth seats. All of the floor mats are still there. 4x4 works perfectly. I recently had the steering parts recall work done so there are new parts in there. It has a working moon roof, though it has cracks it does not leak.
what's your plan? have you decided to part it out? This car works fine, yet you'll be spending a lot of money for any mods and repairs.