Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need Help with my AVN Unit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Default Need Help with my AVN Unit!

I have an '06 SR5 with the XS-P package and it came with a dealer installed Eclipse AVN5435 Head Unit that is Sirius Ready. Well I bought the ECL-1 Sirius Tuner and have not been able to get it to work. Both an Eclipse Dealer and Circuit City have tried with totally different Sirius tuners.....but whenever the ECL-1 tuner is connected to the system it mutes ALL sound through the speakers. The display shows that Sirius is installed on the Source screen and you can see that the preview channel is selected but you can't even get audio by switching sources to AM/FM or CD or the Navigation Guidance Voice.
Once the tuner cable is disconnected or the unit is un-powered it all returns to normal. The dealer has replaced the HU and the tuner works with other 5435 units that both CC and the Eclipse dealer had in their showrooms.
And of course numerous calls to Eclipse have not yielded any useful information.

Has anyone had the same problems? Or sucessfully installed the Sirius tuner? Or can think of a solution?

Old 04-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Default RE: Need Help with my AVN Unit!

That is weird. I just had the SIRIUS satellite installed with the Eclipse AVN 5435 at Circuit City. Im sorry I can't help you with the problem but everything works fine on mine, including steering wheel controls. I know though that there were different satellite tuners for different makes of stereos. It had to be the Eclipse one. Maybe it's a faulty head unit? Good Luck

Old 05-14-2006, 02:11 AM
Default RE: Need Help with my AVN Unit!

Don't know if this helps..but I just had Factory installed XM added to my '06 4runner with Nav. Had to order both the XM receiver and the fit kit - the fit kit for the 4Runner was just released a few weeks ago at most.

Anyway, the install was done by my Toyota dealer for around $150. Everything works perfectly.

You might want to take it all back and have Toyota do it. Getting Circuit City out of the picture on this would be my 1st step.

Good luck