General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 22RE 4Runner Sale Price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Default 92 22RE 4Runner Sale Price?

Looking to sell my 4Runner. Been told my rig is VERY rare in the fact it's a 2nd Gen 4Runner with the 22RE in it. I always wondered why I was being asked ALL the time if I wanted to sell it. Anyway the consensus out here from multiple Yota Shops is $4500 OBO as it sits even with its 280K. I'm the second owner. The first owner bought it here in CA and then used it for bi-weekly trips from Vegas to NY (I didn't ask). So it was a freeway rig for 98% of its life. The last bit of it was in Maui as an Expeditionary SCUBA rig so I could 4X it to the pristine spots. It still hauls *** and has pretty dam good MPG considering it’s a fat little 22RE. All lines are clean, fully loaded, all electric windows, paint is still great, and interior is awesome besides a worn spot on the driver’s seat, besides the rear defrost and cruise control EVERYTHING else works perfect and is intact. I would LIKE to get $27,000.00 for it, but $4500ish honestly sounds realistic to me and others out here since this 4Runner “it is what it is”. ANY input (or offers) is appreciated. Below is a list of stuff, I’m positive I’ve left out a crap load of smaller upgrades and stuff, but here’s the highlights. I'll direct email any & all detailed Hi-Res photos of whatever anyone wants, just let me know.
Mahalo-

• LC Headers & 2.25 In/Out exhaust kit
• Crane Cams EFI Ignition Kit
• New Hi-Flo cat & Dynomax can.
• 31” BFG All Terr T/A, Load Range E 75% life left
• Edelbrock IAS Shocks
• Moog Heavy Duty rear coil springs
• DBA Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk HP Plus pads
• Manual Lock Hub Conversion Kit (Warn)
• Hella 550 Driving Lights, on with HB or switched
• Custom F bumper Valance (for the Hellas)
• Custom Internal Lighting (added a rear-view mirror w/ light pods from another 2nd Gen)
• All internal lights are hyper-bright red LEDs (red doesn’t destroy “your” night vision)
• Flex-A-Lite Electric Radiator Fan
• New Timing Chain w/ metal backed guides
• New Front Axles
• New Aisin Water Pump
• New Luk Gold Clutch
• New Heavy Duty Sway Bar, End Links w/ Neoprene.
• New Limo tint on all.
• R134 A/C Conversion
• Hi-Flo Hood Louvers (hoodlouvers/com)
• Recent Valve Adjustment, Smog Cert, Tune Up & Compression Check
• CRANKING COMPRESSION TEST, CYLINDERS: #1-155psi, #2-150psi, #3-155psi, #4-150psi. RUNNING COMPRESSION: #1-75psi, #2-70psi, #3-80psi, #4-75psi
• PLUS! Act now and you get various Hawaiiana Stickers & Hawaii Safety Inspection stickers from Maui (new owner has the privilege of removing them)

Attached Thumbnails 92 22RE 4Runner Sale Price?-v1jpg.jpg   92 22RE 4Runner Sale Price?-v2jpg.jpg  
Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM

You can check KBB for the sale price and look on Craigslist & Ebay to see what others are selling for. That should give you an idea what you can get for it but in the end it's only going to be what someone is willing to offer.