General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is the heateer inlet hose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Default Which is the heateer inlet hose?

I have a 2001 toyota 4runner limited V6. I purchased the Prestone flush kit for the collant system but can't figure out which hose on the firewall is the INLET?
Granted I am nopt a mechanic, just an average joe who does minor work on his vehicle, but I am a true believer in flushing the entire system, and this kit seems to do the job. PICs would be extremely helpful, but any help will do.
My heater isn't supplyiong the heat it used to, so before I go replacing the thermostat, I figured I would give the system a much overdue flushing.

TIA

Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Default RE: Which is the heateer inlet hose?

Replacing the thermostat when doing the flush isnt unheard of...

How many miles? Might be time for a new water pump too....

Old 10-26-2008, 03:02 PM

Yes, I do plan to replace the thermostat as well...since I'll be in there anyway...but I still need to know which hose is the inlet?

Does anyone have a pic pointing it out, or is there a good description as to which hose on the firewall is the heater inlet hose?

TIA

Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM

I wish I could help man, pretty easy to identify though. The heater inlet hose is usually towards the top of the motor and from the drivers seat its on the FAR Right hand side. Usually there is a junction of approx 4-5 hoses and there are 2 going into the firewall, usually there is a direction indicator on the junction, but sometimes not. This is basic info on just about every car in the world has, plus the hose is 1inch or 3/4 inch hose.

I take it you want to know to do the flush? If thats the case just pull both from the firewall and plug one and you will quickly find out which one it is. Flushing is overrated anyway IMHO, flushing just the radiator is good enough since thats where 99% of the crap gets caught and its also important since thats what cools everything.

Like I said though...

Not very many people visit frequently, so and owners manual for specifics would be the best bet. Or try the links in the NEW MEMEBER section I posted.