General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sunroof Installation Problem. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Default New Sunroof Installation Problem. Help!

have a 2004 4runner and the sunroof just failed recently. I decided to buy a used sunroof assembly(track, motor, cables, etc.) so that I can just bolt it in. The one I bought is from a 2006 4runner.

I installed it yesterday and it works perfectly. The problem that I have is that when I reinstalled the headliner I can see the black metal brace that is part of the sunroof track. There is a about a 1/4 inch of it that sticks past the opening in the headliner.

I also noticed that I cannot reinstall the dome light because it clips into this brace and the brace is too far forward. It seems like that brace is in the wrong spot on the track, but it is rivited to the track.

I pulled the headliner back down to make sure that I didn't put the track in wrong, but it can only go in one spot and it is right. I slid the entire track back as far as I could and bolted it in place, but it still seems like that brace is too far forward.

Every hole in the track and the headliner lined up where it need to, but this brace is just too far forward.

I also noticed that the rear drain tubes didn't reach the new track. I am wondering if they made the sunroof assembly shorter and relocated that brace.

Does anyone know if they changed the sunroof track from 2004 to 2006 because if that is the case I will try to find a 2006 headliner so that it looks right after it is installed?