General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

sunroof won’t close Please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Default sunroof won’t close Please help

the buttons on the sunroof wont let it close and its gonna rain tonight i need help. how do i close it

Old 07-04-2006, 04:34 AM
Default RE: sunroof won’t close Please help

I don't know but the easiest thing i can tell you is there ar two button you push to close it small one to the right and the one you used to open it you probably already know that but figure start from the easiest other than that not sure

Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 PM

I had the same problem. It turned out it wasn't an electrical issue but a mechanical one. The buttons for the sunroof begin to wear over time. I took mine apart and noticed that when I fully pushed the button, there wasn't enough of a plastic "bump" to push the necessary contacts together, which is what it takes to have the buttons work properly.

What I did was open up the switch and added a little dot of JB weld to create a new "bump" of material to help the electrical contacts engage. You will see what I mean if you open yours up. Anyway, after the JB weld cured, I reassembled the switch and it works better that it ever did. I barely touch the switch one way or the other and it opens and closes great. Hope this helps...

J.Layton

Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 PM

if it's electrical i think there's a way to reset the system....or the breaker blew. ck your fuse box

if it's mechanical. try pulling and pushing it a bit manually but don't overdo it. maybe it's stuck and u need to grease it.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 PM

Does anyone know the correct way to get the plastic sunroof switch cover off, and then take out the sunroof switch? My Chilton manual doesn't seem to mention anything about the sunroof.

The plastic close switch isn't working correctly so I may need to do what jrlayton did.