General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof weatherstripping replacements? 07' 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Default Roof weatherstripping replacements? 07' 4runner

I made the mistake of going through an automatic carwash this past month, on a few different occasions.

As I pulled out of the car wash parking lot the first time through, I noticed weatherstripping (or what I assume is some sort of weatherstripping) hanging down from the roof of the truck on the left side. I stopped, got out, and tucked it back in it's place. I went through the car wash a few more times, but never again saw dangling weather stripping. I checked at the end of every wash. Well, after a long road trip, I've realized that I no longer have the weatherstripping on either side of the roof. It's gone. Now, when I go over 70mph, I hear whistling. This may be related, it may not, but I didn't notice that the weatherstripping was gone until I investigated the whistling. So, I'm assuming these two are related.

Anyone know where I can get replacements of these two rubber strips? I've searched all over for "4runner weatherstripping, 4runner roof, 4runner rubber weatherstripping, etc etc.." Can't find a thing. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Ryan