Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Volant Cold Air Intake 05 V8 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default Volant Cold Air Intake 05 V8 4.7L

does anyone know if this is a good mod on a 05 4Runner V8 4.7? I already have a Magnaflow Catback Exhaust installed... how much of a performance upgrade is it, and will it get even louder or?

thanks in advance...

Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Volant Cold Air Intake 05 V8 4.7L

added this reply so it would email me when someone replies...

fingers too quick on clicking the "OK" post from above w/o clicking the "Notify" icon!

thanks again!

Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 PM

How loud is your magnaflow cat back? I just had a custom magnaflow catback exhaust installed in my GX470 and it is a bit louder than I would have expected.

Also, have you added the CAI yet? If so, did you notice any perfomance increase?

Chad

Old 06-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Hi there. I did notice that the exhaust was a bit loud, like a low rumble/gurgle that I thought would overpower the radio and annoy my passengers but I also did notice that it's only present in the driver's side of my 4runner. Like when I sit in the passenger side or rear, you can still hear it but it's considerably less so I rather like it because I like the low rumble/gurgle. I'm not sure if it's designed that way or not, but it's nice to get the best of both worlds!

As for the Volant I have yet to purchase/install it yet. I found that one vendor on Ebay that claims to give a discount to forum members and have emailed him twice with no response so I'ma bit skeptical to purchase from him. They have a high rating, but how hard is it to respond to a question about a 250 plus dollar product? [:@]

Good luck with your mods and let me know if you get the Volant and how it works. The Magnaflow mod gave me an extra 50 or so miles per tank also so that was a pleasant surprise with these high gasoline prices. (when I drive conservatively of course!)

Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM

How much is the Ebay guy, I found it at $274 at a site called Streetsideauto.com. I like the volant intake because of its fit and finished look, as I've heard they tend not to be as loud as K&N.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Default k&n CAI

I was given a K&N CAI for my bd gift last Dec. I installed and was excited to feel the extra power. Much to my disappointment it was just too load for such a nice truck. I have a 04 Limited AWD with the V-8 and my first mod was a Magnaflow muffler only...not the whole system. I love the way the exhaust sounds, but with the CAI, when you mash the throttle, it sounds like a 327 with two 4BBL carbs and not air cleaners...WUUUUUUHHHHAAAAAAAA. Not what I was expecting. I removed it after a month and am happy once again. I did replace the paper flat filter with a K&N filter. I drive 25 miles commuting one way and average 21MPG. Can't say enough about the car...I love it. On the other had, when towing, I got as low as 8MPG. All in all, the best car I've ever owned and to date I have owned over 50 different cars.
Thanks,
Bob