New Member Area Are you new to 4 Runner Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Default Greetings!

Hello all,

Here's my story. I am currently a huge fan of Mustangs (SVT) in particular and have spent quite a bit of money in it. Now, being the home owner that I am, have decided to put my hobbies on hold and sell the Mustang. So, I placed it on eBay among other items to reduce my debt. I also have a second car (Honda - great car, but it's a beater) that I drove to work yesterday. I thought since I have to get rid of the Mustang, I'm going to get something that I will like, but obviously cheaper. Well, my heart was set on a Ford Explorer - I wanted an SUV. I saw one that was a good deal w/ only 60k miles on it. Just before I was to go there and buy it, I ran across a Toyota 4Runner and thought, "Wow, this really looks good"! Especially at this price - I thought these would be more money. I have a Consumer Reports subscription and saw the reliability on these 4Runners - amazing! So I altered my trip to go see this 4Runner and I liked it except for the large 20" rims that were on it - just not my style. The guy had another Toyota there and asked if I wanted those stock rims instead - I jumped on that immediately. So here I now have a 1997 4Runner 4x4 and I love it. It does need just a little bit of work but the paint looks real good. I will submit pictures later today. Everything seems to work fine in it. This is the first time I've owned a Toyota, and a 4x4 for that matter. Any suggestions on how to use the 4x4 will be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Greetings!

Welcome to 4RF! The first couple mods I recommend arebetter shock absorbers (originals are probably wore out anyway), followed bysome sort of limited slip or locker in the rear differential if not already equipped.