New Member Area Are you new to 4 Runner Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hers a little about me and my runner

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Default hers a little about me and my runner

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 6.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=3>Hey everyone how’s it going?
I am new to this whole "forum" thing a friend at work turned me on to it so I thought I would check it out. So here is a little about me. I am 23, just turned 23 last month, just bought my first house about six months ago and I got married to my high school sweet heart just over a year ago. Life is good, I work in a civil engineering firm as a CAD tech, so pretty much I get paid to sit at a desk and draw pictures for people all day. So no one probably gives a sh*t about any of this so on to my 4Runner.
My 4Runner started its life in 1999. Although I bought it in 2002. It is a limited, so it’s got all the fixings. I had a 2000 ford mustang GT that I made fast as hell it was supercharged and had just about every bolt on made. Then I started a new job 50 mile from where I lived on way and it was just way too much car to be a commuter. So I bought my 4 runner. I love it; it’s a sweet truck. It stayed stock for a long time and I am just now starting to do stuff to it. When I bought it it had these stupid rims with low profile tires. So far I have bought new tires I got BFG 31" all terrain, love them but, they rubbed it kind of pissed me off a little bit but didn’t want to get the street tires again with it being 4x4 and all. So I bought the Revtek 3" lift and installed that with billstien shocks on all 4 corners. It fixed my rubbing problem and looks sweet and will except a 33" tire now. So once my BFG's wear down I am going to buy some Mickey Thompson 33" Baja claw with there sim lock rims, I cant wait I have been purposely trying to wear them down!! Well that’s about it for now lots more ideas just waiting for the cash flow I will keep you all up to date as I do things. Thanks and looking forward to getting to know some of you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></FONT></SPAN></P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 6.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"><FONT size=3>p.s. I would love to post some pic’s but don’t see how to add them, can someone tell me how?</FONT></SPAN> <edited><editID>4runherover</editID><editDate>38580.5565625</editDate></edited>

Old 08-17-2005, 04:22 AM

if you look on the top of the Post reply box, 2nd icon from right, you can attatch from there, just use the browse feature to pull it off your cmptr, then post a msg in the appropriate forum. Got a 99' as well. solid ride!

Old 08-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Administrator

welcome to the site!!</P>

</P>

just curious, what did the blown GT run in the QM?</P>

Old 08-18-2005, 05:41 PM

Well I had the wrong gears in the rear end and I had a hard time hooking up but my fastest in that car was 12.20. A little more tweeking and stuff needed to be done. I know it had the juice to pull faster times. It was one bad *** street car though.</P>

p.s. I cant seem to post pictures of my 4Runner it says the file is too large, how do i shrink it???</P>

Old 08-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Administrator

if you go into "paint" on your computer (i think that every computer has it) find stretch/skew under tools....that should do it for you.