New Member Area Are you new to 4 Runner Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another new girl

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Default Another new girl

But not new to 4Runners. Back in 1989 or so, I conceived a passionate desire for a 4Runner, thinking it to be the car of my dreams. I had just started my first "real job" and in 1997, I bought a 1996 red 4runner 4x4, SR5. She now has 189,000 miles on her, and never any problems except scheduled maintance and the inevitable rebuild/replace of some parts. Mechanics say she's still got the horsepower, and I have to say, she really does still have the punch that my (bought yesterday) new lady has.

We now have two 4runners. He always wanted one too, but not financially feasible until now So we have his and hers. He's had a couple-three new cars since I got my runner, so it was my turn. The new one is mine. I need it, the ride is smoother and I'm gettin' a bit older now.

We've taken the old girl everywhere, off road in southern Utah and near Death Valley, and through National Forests and Parks, many trips. She's been in and out of snow and mud and up and down some really steep hills. We collect rocks and things. Annual camping trips have been enhanced by our 115V adaptor (or whatever it is) that runs our little refrigerator, and we can if we want, recharge our laptops on the road (never do, though). We do use a coffee pot in our "RV."

The new girl lets us stretch out completely without taking the seats out and we figure we've got several inches more width for sleeping. I'd sure like to have that 115V adaptor (or whatever it is) that goes in the front slot of the dashboard, but the dealer seemed stumped by that request.

So I'm here with lots of questions and to soak up and enjoy the local knowledge. Long time reader, first time poster.

Howdy!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Default RE: Another new girl

Welcome to the FORUM!

Sounds pretty cool, have a look around. There is some good information and when you get some pics, POST THOSE UP her.......