Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Power antenna and after market Deck

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Default Power antenna and after market Deck

the Stock OEM Deck would activate the power antenna when you turned on the radio and lower it when you put in a CD.

I replaced my OEM deck with a new Alpine and the Power antenna always stays up when you turn turn on deck even when you Only have the Cd player going.

How do you elimante the Power ant. going up?

Anybody know what color wire the remote/signal wire is for the antenna ?

any way to run it on a separate switch? I practically never listen to the radio.

What have you done ?

thanks

Old 03-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Default RE: Power antenna and after market Deck

pull the radio, the antenna wire from the alpine should be marked, and it should be blue. they might call it an amp turn on lead. cut this wire before it connects to the factory harness(no use messing up factory wiring) and add a switch in line. mount the switch to the dash and only turn it on when you listen to the radio.

BTW lowes sells an all black toggle switch that fits into some factory toyota switch openings. it fits into all of the openings in my '84. it's in the home wiring section with the wire nuts and crimp connectors. its made by GB and rated for 20a at 125v. definately a stout piece.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Default RE: Power antenna and after market Deck

ORIGINAL: brickprivy

pull the radio, the antenna wire from the alpine should be marked, and it should be blue. they might call it an amp turn on lead. cut this wire before it connects to the factory harness(no use messing up factory wiring) and add a switch in line. mount the switch to the dash and only turn it on when you listen to the radio.

BTW lowes sells an all black toggle switch that fits into some factory toyota switch openings. it fits into all of the openings in my '84. it's in the home wiring section with the wire nuts and crimp connectors. its made by GB and rated for 20a at 125v. definately a stout piece.
thanks for the reply and input ,

This blue wire seems to be tied into the rear amp. if I cut it I loose the rear speakers,

Am I wrong ?..

I had Stereo shop put it in, that's what he did, but I had no rear speakers. he got me working again , but siad he couldn't bypass/ Fix the antenna part.

Am I missing something here ?