Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Manual hub conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Default Manual hub conversion

Hello all! I'm new to this forum so I'll apologize if this thread is in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I've got an 88 4runner, 4cyl, 5 speed. My 4wheel drive is not engaging; I don't think its the transfer case because when I put it in 4low you can feel the vehicle change speeds and drive significantly slower.

Because I have auto hubs (not ADD hubs) and I prefer manual hubs anyway I decided to swap them out. I was looking for a write up on this and could not find one, the previous forum I was registered with has deleted all the stickys on this subject. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I've included a picture of my truck because, well, lets face it...threads with pictures are like chicks with huge ****. They get way more attention.

Attached Thumbnails Manual hub conversion-my-4runner.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Nobody has a clue?

Any help is appreciated, even guesses...

Old 07-17-2013, 11:31 PM

You should use the kit for this purpose. From locking hub conversion kits to part time conversion kits for your transfer case. You need to upgrade your front axle units to locking hubs and replaceable wheel bearings for stronger and sturdier axles for better gas mileage drivability and all-around performance.

Car Care

Last edited by tonyscott; 10-24-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Default Toyota Bumps up Hydrogen-Powered Car in US to 2015

Toyota said Monday that a hydrogen-powered vehicle that emits only water vapor as consume will go on sale in the U.S. in 2015, a year previous than it pledged just two months before.

The Japanese automaker made the announcement Monday at the worldwide CES, the technology industry's annual gadget display. The move came months after rival automakers Hyundai and Honda both said they'd start selling vehicles with that expertise in the U.S. in 2015.

The electric powered powered car, which Toyota calls FCV for now, benefits hydrogen as fuel for a battery. Toyota says it will have a variety of 300 miles, can accelerate from standstill to 60 miles per hour in 10 seconds, and can refuel its hydrogen container in three to five minutes.

Toyota says it will aim on trading vehicles in California at first. employed with investigators at the University of California, Irvine, Toyota said the first 10,000 vehicles can be supported with only 68 refueling positions from San Francisco to San Diego. It noted that California has accepted $200 million to construct about 20 fueling positions by 2015, 40 by 2016 and 100 by 2024.

"This infrastructure thing is going to happen," said Bob Carter, older vice president of automotive operations for Toyota engine Sales U.S.A. Inc.

Carter said all the vehicles in California could be served with just 15 per hundred of the 10,000 gas stations in the state now if they were spaced rightly. Researchers approximated where expected FCV buyers would need hydrogen positions and designed to put them within six minutes of their dwelling or work.

"We don't need a position on every corner," he said.

Carter added that the U.S. agency of Toyota had recently advanced its demand for vehicles. He said that a 95 percent slash in output costs from the initial prototype would help it make fuel cell vehicles that are "a reasonable cost for a alallotmentment of people."

Toyota Motor Corp. has pledged to deal its fuel cell cars for $50,000 to $100,000, aspiring for the lower end of the variety.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:21 PM

I can't say that I know much about transfer cases or anything of the sort. If you are having difficulties finding the answer on the internet the next best step would be to call someone who knows. I would be surprised to find that you don't have a local Toyota dealer with a garage incorporated with the sales lot. These folks should be able to either help you, find an answer for you, or point you in the right direction to find the answer. It doesn't hurt to browse forums such as this one for the answer, however, as I am certain you aren't the only person in the world to have ever experienced this problem.

Last edited by mrock13; 02-12-2014 at 02:25 PM.