4Runner Sport Ride Quality vs Limited Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Default 4Runner Sport Ride Quality vs Limited Ride Quality

I am interested in purchasing a 4Runner. I have never had one of these before. It doesnt look like the SR5 has some of the amenities I want but the Sport and Limited do. I think the Sport would work just fine for me in terms of the amenities I am after and would not be as much of an outlay as the Limited. However, I have read several comments about the stiffer/firmer ride of the Sport and still cant quite understand the difference between the Sport and the Limited in terms of what the ride is really like. Just how muchstifferis the ride of the 4 Runner Sport as opposed to the Limited and just how noticeable is it in everday urban driving on city streets?Could the ride be described as noticeable? Tolerable? Bouncy? Annoying?Or somewhat inbetween? I dont anticipate doing any off-roading. Iwould like to make sure as much as possilble that Iselect the appropriate4Runner modelforthe type of conditions it will most often be drivenin and not risk having something thatI findannoying whenever I am behind the wheel.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Default RE: 4Runner Sport Ride Quality vs Limited Ride Quality

The only difference in the sport and limited in general is that the sport comes standard with X-Reas which isa hydrolic system that is cross linked to all 4 of the shocks. This makes the 4runner handle better on road. In my opinion itmakes a big difference. The limited don't always come with that option but I was lucky that mine came with it. If you get a V8 limited it also comes with a rear air bag suspension that automaticly adjusts it's height depending on how much weight you have in the back.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:26 PM

I have a limited with the fancy suspension and my buddy has an SR5. Limited handles better and has less body roll but is bouncy, gets disturbed easly and kicks. SR5 feels clumsy but responds to pot holes and bumps much better!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

I have an 06 Sport with the X-Reas, it seems like when going around corners at, higher than I should probably be going speeds,makes it seem like the center of gravity is lower. I know it is not physically getting lower but it handles as such. As far as general driving, the ride isn't bad at all.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:57 PM

i drove all the SUV's that would tow 6000 lbs. All had good points, the 4Runner was best. I have the Limited, V8, AWD. The ride is absolutely incredible. I had really considered the Pathfinder due to its independent rear suspension, but the 4Runner rides soooo much better.

My friends that ride with me (even in the rear seat) always comment about the ride regardless of speed.

Good Luck