Suspension Help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Default Suspension Help please

Hello all.

I have a 2000 SR5 4x4 V6 (highlander in the old days).

I'm on the beach quite a bit and towing a pretty heavy (5000+) boat. I have a set of Bilstien HD shocks on all fours, with no other suspension mods. I would like to stiffen up the off road ride considerably, as I think it's too soft. I'm not interested in gaining lift, although not opposed to a modest increase as a result. I've looked into a set of progressive springs from Perf Produducts, but from what I have read about them, they are worthless. What would people recommend for springs, or shock spring combo that would stiffen it up a bit. I'd like to avoid modifying the sway bars and brake lines, etc right now. Ultimately, I'd like to bolt on some new springs and keep the HD shocks, and have the desired result. I'd also consider replacing both the springs and shocks to get the result, if required. Any suggestions would be great.

Also, I have a borla cat back system which has developed a crack, and they are going to credit me for it, since they don't have the "fixture" to build me a new one. I'm not heartbroken. Ever since I installed the exhaust I have had an "engine too lean" condition. I'm going to replace the exhaust with something else. Maybe a TRD? What do people suggest?

Thanks for your anticipated comments.

Capt. Jeff Duncan
Dennisport, MA