General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Clutch Gets Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Default Clutch Gets Stuck

Hi, I have an 89 4runner that I'm having a clutch issue with that started 2 days ago. When I step on the clutch pedal it goes to the floor and gets stuck. I can pop it back up with my toe. It doesn't get stuck every time, but it has gotten progressively worse. It seems that when I put it in gear and attempt to let out the pedal it's engaging right at the floor..maybe an inch or so off of it...and the truck is trying to move. When I push the pedal back in with that little bit of room it left me from the floor to try and take it out of gear it doesn't disengage the clutch and therefore can't take it out of gear. However, if I pop the pedal back up with my toe and then push it back down it will disengage and I can take it out of gear/change gears. I replaced the clutch components a couple thousand miles ago and it has been driving great up until now. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
-Matt

Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Default RE: Clutch Gets Stuck

Slave cyclinder or master. Start with the slave, its cheaper and then move to the master if needed. Usually they go in sets anyway.

Good luck

J