General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with engine timing and valve body adjustments.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Default Need help with engine timing and valve body adjustments.

1994 Toyota 4Runner 3.0 3VZE engine 2WD auto xmission. I am trying to adjust the timming.

I shorted TE1 and E1 of the check connector and cannot get a reading of 10 tdc. I have checked my timing light and it is working correctly. I have tried the adjustment with the jumper and my check engine light flashes, and with out the jumper and the check engine light does not flash.

In short order here's the status of this 4 runner.

1994 Toyota 4Runner 249,000 miles, I have rebuilt engine.
I sent out heads for rebuild.
I sent out block for 0.020 bore.
Crank polished.
I ported heads.
I ported exhaust.
Rebuilt auto transmission (seal kit with new filter)
New: 0.020 over sized - pistons and rings, rods, (new main bearings plastigaged to 1 - 1.5 mm), new oil pump, new waterpump, new fuel pump, new power steering pump,new radiator, new slotted and drilled front rotors, new calipers, new master cylinder, new inner and outer tie rod ends, new pitman arm, new timing belt, new alternator, new battery, new spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, belts, new battery, new 4 tires.

USED fuel injectors.

I ripped out interrior carpet and seats, pressure washed and reinstalled. new stereo, new amplifier, new speakers.
Cleaned and lubed all window motors including rear window motor.
cleaned and lubed all power switches, new power antenna, OK I can go on and on with this list......

My problem is the jerk wad I bought this 4Runner fronewm (Beaumont TX) "Why should I put anti freeze in it if it never freezes here in Texas, all it needs is water" This guy did not know his *** from a hole in the ground!

I want my 4 runner to run correctly. I have spent a lot of time and monies to make it right. Currently it is runnig has lots of horse power
?????
Why cant I adjust timming??