General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a todo list..

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Default a todo list..

so just did my intro and i just bought a 1986 4runner an it has a few issues. 1)the engine temp gauge in the dash peg's after the truck being at idle for 2 minutes and when i was looking at the truck it looked like the coolant temp sensor was tampered with (will post asap).the exhaust doesnt have any smoke comign from it,it passed smog just fine, and its not eating any coolant. so im at a loss here 2)the guy who i bought it from had only owned it a week or so he said and it just didnt fit his needs so he isnt sure if the gas gauge works or not he said he only drove it the few miles home and then a couple times to work but said it ran strong the whole time. but isnt sure about the gas level since he lives 3 miles from his office.it shows a full tank but he never put any gas in it. is there a way to test the gauge and or the tank with out doing a "practical" i.e. running out. and last but not least item number 3)the trans doesnt seem to want to shift into second unless im hard in the throttle almost as if its trying to put the truck in a limp home mode but theres no engine light

ill try to post pictures with in the next hour or so when i get home.thanks for all the future help and advice guys i hope i was clear enough.